MTK Connect Limited trading as Connect-Auto ("we," “our” and/or “us”) treats with the utmost care and respect the personal information you may supply to us on our website, apps and any other products, (together referred to as our “Services”) and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice (together with the terms of any agreement that we may have with you or your organisation) sets out the basis on which any personal data (meaning any information about you which is personally identifiable) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the data protection legislation, the data controller is MTK Connect Ltd (trading as Connect-Auto), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09926960 and whose registered office address is 57 A C Court, High Street, Thames Ditton, Surrey KT7 0SR.
Some of our Services are intended to be used by organisations and are administered to you by your organisation. Your use of these Services may be subject to your organisation’s policies, if any. If your organisation is administering your use of these Services, please direct your privacy enquiries to your administrator.
If you use an email address provided by an organisation you are affiliated with, such as an employer, the owner of the domain (eg. your employer) associated with your email address may:
- control and administer your use of the App; and
- access and process your data, including the contents of your communication and files.
Information that you provide
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, email address, phone number, company name, job title and where applicable we will log performance data and reviews of users) when you register to, download or use the Services or submit information on our website.
We will also obtain personal data you provide to us when you send us feedback, contact us for any reason, request support services or report a problem with our Services.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. All this personal data is processed by us in order to enable us to provide Services to you.
Information that we may collect from you
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Services. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting.
Information on your device: We may also collect information which is stored on your device each time you use the Services. For example, we may collect contact information, login information, and other digital content. This is used by us in the performance of our obligation to provide the Services.
Location data: We may also collect information to determine your location using GPS technology or other location services. Some of the features of the Services will require access to such location data to work. If you do not consent to providing this information you should notify your organisation/employer or not use these Services.
Where we store your personal data
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
The data that we collect from UK or European customers will be stored within the UK or in Europe. The data that we collect from customers outside of the UK or Europe may be stored in your region or in any other country where we maintain facilities.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name and password which enables you to access our Services, you are responsible for keeping these confidential. You must not to share these with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to help us to identify you and your account;
- to carry out our obligations under any agreement with you or your organisation;
- to communicate with you regarding your use of our Services;
- to notify you of any changes to our Services or to our services that may affect you;
- security vetting;
- to improve our products and services;
- to analyse data for insight and analytics; and
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may pass your details on to third parties to enable them to supply you with services or products or assist you further with advising you on the suitability of those products, provided that you have selected to opt in to receive information from third parties.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1).
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
By using our Services, you request and authorise us to use and share your information in the following ways (as appropriate):
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Connect-Auto or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our any agreements that we have with you or your organisation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Connect-Auto, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your data will be held for as long as we need in order to provide our Services to you. Anonymised data will be held indefinitely.
You have the right to obtain information regarding the personal data that we process about you and to:
- Access your personal data;
- Request the rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Request that your personal data provided to us from you is ported to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically;
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- Ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Amendments and updates to this notice may be made from time to time. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page, so you will always be aware of what information we collect and how we use that information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.